Volunteer with Us
Volunteering with the Mercy Brown Bag Program is a fun, rewarding way to make a real difference. We are always in need of generous men and women who want to help distribute groceries at a growing number of sites throughout Alameda County or offer other skills to help our program thrive. For information on volunteer opportunities, call us today at 510.534.8540 ext. 369.
Ways to Volunteer
- Distribute bags to homebound seniors
- Sort items in our warehouse
- Help at distribution sites
- Organize a food or bag drive
- Translate written materials
Or at our distribution sites:
- Help with special events or administrative tasks
- Use your skills in any way to help us thrive
Meet Volunteer Dianne Obanion
Twice a month, Dianne and three other residents of her senior community set up tables in the recreation room and help seniors fill their bags with produce and canned goods. She appreciates the good feeling that comes from volunteering, but also recognizes how the program fills a critical need.
“If you had to go to the store and buy all of your fruits and vegetables, it would be a toss-up—pay your rent or buy food,” she says. “People here rely on the Mercy Brown Bag Program, and I want to do my fair share.”