Mercy Brown Bag Program has both full-time and part-time positions available! We are looking for dedicated individuals with passion for serving others. If you are interested to make a big impact in the local community of older adults, this is the place for you. Click on the links below to learn more, or contact Janice Roberts ([email protected]) for more details. Come be a part of a 40+ year legacy of nutrition services…
The Brown Bag Grocery Store Clerk will play a key customer service role in serving approximately 700-1000 Brown Bag recipients visiting our store, usually twice a month, with dignity, respect, kindness and helpfulness.
The Brown Bag Volunteer Coordinator and Special Projects is a pivotal role on the Brown Bag team, coordinating volunteer activities and support across the store, warehouse, and community partners.
Operations Manager (Contact Janice Roberts for more details: [email protected])
- Provides high quality service and professional interactions with volunteers and staff.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Partner Agencies. This includes visits to distribution sites, creation and troubleshooting of new sites, coordinating volunteer needs with Volunteer Coordinator, training, and ensuring regulations are satisfactorily complete. Monitors distribution operations and evaluates on an ongoing basis the effectiveness of existing food distribution sites. Helps distribution sites grow. Engage in ongoing dialog with volunteers, site sponsors, and recipients at sites.
- Works closely with Operations Manager, Internal, to manage schedules, distribution partners, staff, and program needs.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises Volunteer Coordinators.
- Manages Link2Feed Database including entry and reporting. Assists with yearly re-registration and maintains database. Trains volunteers on database, troubleshoots, maintains, and tracks computers and related equipment. Collects and compiles program documentation and responds to inquiries.
- Manages Home Delivery part of program, as needed, working with volunteers and drivers to ensure bags are distributed in a timely manner.
- Maintains appropriate records in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Interacts with participants, volunteers, partner representatives, and staff in a caring. professional, and compassionate manner. On occasion may provide information and referrals to clients needing additional services.
- May perform other duties or projects as assigned by the Mercy Brown Bag Program Director.
- Demonstrated success with managing nonprofit and volunteer programs
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Exhibit initiative, energy, and creativity in developing and implementing programs
- Must be well-organized and able to interact successfully with volunteers and staff
- Must work well as a multi-disciplinary team member
- Ability to appreciate and work with diverse populations
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status